Are you always on the road? Are you running a business that requires a fleet of vehicles? If so, you probably know just how important it is to prepare for every trip. That’s why if you haven’t been using it already, you should consider using a pre-trip inspection app. It’s a free tool that allows you to conduct comprehensive pre-trip inspections for overall better vehicle performance. In this article, we will talk about what a pre-trip inspection app is and how you can make it more efficient. In addition, we’re also going to show you how you can use DataMyte Digital Clipboard to create pre-trip inspections.
What is a Pre-trip Inspection App?
A pre-trip inspection app is a tool that allows you to conduct pre-trip inspections to make sure your vehicles are in great condition before every trip. It helps drivers identify any potential issues with their vehicle before they hit the road, which can save them time and money in the long run.
Benefits of Using Pre-trip Inspection App
There are many benefits to using a pre-trip inspection app. Here are the most important ones:
Smart and Efficient Pre-trip Inspections
A pre-trip inspection app allows you to conduct smart and efficient inspections for better vehicle performance. It helps pinpoint and resolve underlying problems so that the vehicle will function at full potential when it hits the road. Having this handy app will save you time and money in the long run.
Minimize Vehicle Downtime
Get ahead of vehicular issues by performing pre-trip inspections before they become a problem. It also allows you to perform maintenance on your vehicle as needed to not break down unexpectedly during an important trip!
Better Vehicle Performance & Safety
When performing pre-trip inspections, drivers will be able to minimize their risk of accidents and injuries because they’ll know exactly what’s going on with their vehicles at all times.
Make Sure Your Fleet is in Great Shape
With a pre-trip inspection app, you can get the assurance that your entire fleet of vehicles is in good working condition. Using a pre-trip inspection app, you can track and monitor your team’s progress and performance. At the same time, you can also pinpoint and review failed items from different inspections to see where you need to improve.
How to Make a Pre-trip Inspection More Efficient?
Fleet managers have essential responsibilities to undertake in running any business. However, the most important role that they fulfill is staying on top of vehicle conditions to ensure quality and consistency in their services.
However, challenges arise when drivers fail in conducting pre-trip inspections. The traditional way of doing pre-trip inspections using pen and paper proves to be impractical. Whereas the use of a digital app can help you address these challenges.
As a fleet manager, it’s your job to make the pre-trip inspection as easy and effective as possible. You need to ensure that your drivers will not skimp on pre-trip inspections. With that said, below are the top ten items that you or your drivers shouldn’t overlook during pre-trip inspections:
- Lights and reflectors: The lights are another important element to check during pre-trip inspections. Make sure all of your vehicle’s lights are working and in good condition. Also, check and make sure that the reflectors are clean.
- Windshield wipers: working windshield wipers are essential because they allow you to safely see through rain, snow, or other conditions on the road ahead of time without having any issues while driving. If your vehicle doesn’t have these, definitely consider installing them.
- Seatbelts: it may seem like a mundane item to check, but seatbelts are an essential part of a pre-trip inspection. Not only does it comply with state road requirements, but it also keeps you or your driver safe behind the wheel.
Under the Hood
- Oil level: you must regularly check your engine oil levels and top them off if needed. Low engine oil can cause extensive damage to your vehicle. You should also check the air filter and transmission fluid while you’re at it.
- Coolant: just like engine oil, your car’s coolant levels should also be checked regularly. Low coolant can damage the engine and make it overheat.
- Fuel: lastly, make sure there’s enough gas in the tank for whatever trip or drive you’re taking! If not, then fill up now so that way when it comes time later down the road, there won’t be any surprises left waiting behind every corner.
- Brakes: during pre-trip inspections, make sure you check the brake pads, rotors, and fluid levels. You should also test the brakes by applying pressure while driving.
- Tires: you should always check your tires’ air pressure, tread depth, and condition before any trip. Over time, a tire’s air pressure will decrease, so it’s essential to check it regularly.
- Emergency Kit: you should also have a well-stocked emergency kit in your car at all times. This will help you in case of any roadside emergencies. An emergency can happen at any time, so it’s best to prepare everything you need.
- Airbags: during pre-trip inspections, make sure that all of your vehicle’s airbags are working and in good condition. Airbag failures can cause serious injuries or death if not properly checked before driving off.
These are all of the items you should check during a pre-trip inspection. By following these tips, you can help make sure that your pre-trip inspection process is as smooth and efficient as possible.
How to Create a Pre-trip Inspection Using DataMyte Digital Clipboard?
DataMyte Digital Clipboard allows you to create and perform pre-trip inspections using an innovative workflow process to help drivers minimize their risk of accidents and injuries by knowing exactly what needs to be done before starting their engine.
This will allow you or your operators to complete all required tasks within minutes through a convenient app instead of spending hours at the desk doing manual paperwork. DataMyte Digital Clipboard can help make the pre-trip inspection as easy and effective as possible by utilizing its innovative workflow process, which includes:
- Creating a pre-trip inspection form that is specific to your needs and requirements
- Upload photos of the equipment or vehicle being inspected
- Record video of the equipment or vehicle being inspected
- Generate an inspection report that can be shared with other drivers, operators, managers, etc.
Other features of DataMyte Digital Clipboard include:
- Smart Forms: Create unlimited smart forms and convert your existing paper-based checklists into digital formats.
- Inspections: Conduct and complete inspections any time, anywhere with the DataMyte Digital Clipboard inspection tools
- Fast Reporting: Create detailed inspection reports and insights to help solve problems quicker.
- Insights and Analytics: Turn raw data into actionable insights.
- Workflow Automation: Create and automate workflows and get them from scheduling to actual report delivery.
A pre-trip inspection is an essential part of every driver’s routine and should be conducted every time you or your operators get behind the wheel. Using DataMyte Digital Clipboard, you can create a pre-trip inspection form specific to your needs and requirements. Visit our website today for more information about DataMyte and its innovative products and services.