Forms are essential tools in everyday life. They may not get enough recognition, but forms can be particularly useful for data entry and validation. Adobe is one of the most recognizable brands associated with creating forms. It might not be on top of your priority list, but knowing how to use Adobe – or other various online tools, for that matter – to create a PDF form is crucial. This article will show you how to create one tailored to your needs using your online design tool.
Interactive PDF documents like forms are great for facilitating data transfers. Whether you’re looking to submit an online membership application, an order form, or an expense report, having a digital PDF form with fillable fields is valuable for these purposes. With it, you can print a physical copy of the form or send a digital one with a single click. In addition, the form data can also be read out automatically. If you’re interested in creating an interactive PDF form, this article is a must-read.
Creating a PDF Form Using Word Processing Applications
There are several ways to create an interactive PDF form. Let’s start with the universal word-processing tool, Microsoft Word. This program features various form functions and enables users to create interactive forms using the ‘Developer’ tools. The only downside to this option is that the interactive features have been lost after exporting the document to PDF. That means Microsoft Word can only be used to prepare the layout. You will still need other software programs such as Adobe Acrobat Reader (a paid application) to add the form fields.
Exporting from OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Other word processing programs like OpenOffice and LibreOffice also offer form field configuration. Unlike Microsoft Word, the interactive functions in both these platforms are preserved when exporting the document to PDF.
How to Create a PDF form in Adobe InDesign
Adobe InDesign is another way to create an interactive PDF form. This program has powerful layout tools for designing pages, text formatting options, and other effects. However, this requires opening the file in Adobe Acrobat Pro to implement the form field functions. To make things easier, here are some steps that will guide you through creating an interactive form in Adobe InDesign:
- Launch Adobe InDesign and do the following:
- Choose ‘Buttons and Forms’ in the Windows menu under ‘Interactive.’
- Once you finish creating your form, you can start exporting the document. Keep in mind that you cannot do this the usual way via ‘File’ -> ‘Adobe PDF Presets.’
- Save the interactive document using the ‘Export’ command.
- Choose the ‘Adobe PDF (Interactive)’ format. The functionality of the form fields will be retained when opening the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
How to Convert as Simple PDF into an Interactive PDS Form
Did you know that you can also turn an existing PDF into an interactive PDF form? If you already have a layout in traditional PDF format and want to edit using interactive features or form fields, you will need a software program like Adobe Acrobat. This software program will enable you to edit form fields in your PDF. The paid full version of Adobe Acrobat is an excellent option since it offers a broader range of interactive functionalities to try.
Adobe Acrobat enables you to insert different form fields from standard text and buttons to more advanced ones like checkboxes, digital signatures, bar codes, and radio buttons. In addition, you can also configure the text of the form fields so it would be user-friendly for those who plan on using them.
Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro is a more suitable option than Adobe Reader XI since it offers a wider range of interactive functionalities to try out on your interactive PDF forms. For more on Adobe Acrobat, you can visit the official website of the company for more information: www.adobe.com. You can also read other related articles on using Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro.
Why Use DataMyte Digital Clipboard
While Adobe Acrobat is the number one option for creating interactive forms, there are tons of other options that offer the same service. One such alternative is DataMyte Digital Clipboard. It’s an online service that enables you to access a wide range of features when it comes to creating forms.
Form creation is one of DataMyte’s core features, making it one of the most capable productivity platforms out there. Specifically, it provides the following features:
- Automatic form field recognition: DataMyte Digital Clipboard analyzes the text in your PDFs for form field names or objects. It then uses that information to dynamically create interactive forms based on the contents of the document.
- Interactive fields insertion: You can utilize DataMyte’s online form builder to create form fields and configure form field settings quickly. Then you can insert those fields directly into your document
- Form Data collection: This is an excellent option for creating surveys, polls, quizzes, etc., using interactive PDF forms. You can have the data collected into an Excel file that you can then download or email with just one click.
- Creating and inserting new form fields: Even without a PDF, you can create forms that you can then insert into a document. This gives you everything you need to build your custom forms online.
- Editing field functions: All of your form fields are automatically synced with your document. Once you select a field, it will show up in the list of fields on the main interface.
- Configure form settings: You can configure each field’s name or label, formatting for data collection, and other valuable options to maximize the use of your interactive forms.
Changing the order and other similar functions
DataMyte Digital Clipboard also comes with a few helpful features to make sure that your form functions properly.
DataMyte Digital Clipboard is easy to use. It is very intuitive, and it can be used by anyone since there aren’t any complicated steps involved in creating interactive PDF forms. All you need to do is just upload your document, and DataMyte will take care of the rest for you.
The service offered by DataMyte Digital Clipboard is convenient. It can generate multiple forms so that you won’t worry about any potential limitations. You can choose from a selection of different templates, which you can then tailor to your requirements in a comfortable and easy-to-understand process. After you finish editing your form, you can choose to save it. That way, you can simply download a copy and use it anytime you need.
So there you have it – a quick discussion on creating interactive PDF forms on any platform you want. Keep in mind that you can always rely on DataMyte Digital Clipboard if you don’t want to. It’s an excellent place to start creating interactive PDF forms, and the number of features it provides just makes it all too easy to get started.