If you are an employer, then you know that having a return to work form is essential. This document helps employees return to work most efficiently and safely possible. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to know what information to include in a return to work form, but don’t worry! This article will explain what a return to work form template is and how to make one.
What is a Return Work Form?
A return work form is a document that is used for logging information about employees coming back to work after a prolonged absence (e.g., due to sickness or injury). This form is used to track the return-to-work process and ensure that employees are following the proper protocol.
A return work form is used for either self-certification or as a tool for return-to-work interviews. During the latter, employers will complete their form with their manager. Together, they can outline how to reintegrate the employee back into the workforce seamlessly.
Contents of a Return To Work Form
A return to work form provides information regarding the returning employee. At the same time, it also provides details relating to the employee’s absence, such as:
- The period of absence;
- The reason for their absence;
- The method employed used to notify their absence;
- If applicable, details about previous absences over the past calendar year;
- Summarized return to work plan; and
- Accommodations and reasonable adjustments help the employee return to work safely and seamlessly.
The Importance of Going Through a Return To Work Form
Keep in mind that while filling out a return to work form isn’t a legal requirement, it is an essential tool for companies to understand employees, identify patterns in their absences, and determine ways to support them to reduce absenteeism in the long run. In addition, going through a return to work form helps:
- Discourage unauthorized and non-genuine absences.
- Verify the accuracy of an employee’s absence record.
- Identify workplace adjustments that may be necessary to help the employee adjust during the reintegration process.
- Inform employees about the necessary updates that took place during their absence.
- Discuss, develop, and agree on the employee’s best ‘Return To Work Plan’.
Employers should include a return to work form and interview as a requirement of their return to work program. This integration will help them ensure proper documentation of the processes necessary for an employee’s return.
What is a Return to Work Interview?
A return to work interview is a meeting between an employer and employee to discuss the return to work process. This discussion should happen before the employee’s return to work.
The return to work interview is an opportunity for the employer to:
- Gain a clear understanding of the employee’s health and wellbeing;
- Assess the employee’s ability to return to their usual duties;
- Develop a return to work plan that meets the needs of both the employer and employee; and
- Agree on any reasonable workplace adjustments.
- Gain a clear understanding of what is expected of them during the return to work process; and
- Ask any questions about the return to work process or their return to work plan.
Preparing for a Return to Work Interview
When preparing for a return to work interview, there are a few things that you, as the interviewer, should keep in mind:
- Be familiar with the return to work process and requirements;
- Prepare a return to work plan template that can be used as a guide for the discussion;
- Identify any workplace adjustments that may be necessary; and
- Be prepared to answer any questions the employee may have.
Making a return to work form and interview a requirement of your return-to-work program will help ensure that the process is properly documented and that all necessary steps are taken to help the employee return to work safely and seamlessly.
How to Create a Return To Work Form Template
If you’re looking to create a return to work form template, there are a few key elements that you’ll want to include:
- The return to work form should be simple and easy to understand;
- The return to work form should include all of the necessary information;
- The return to work form should be able to be completed by the employee;
- The return to work form should be stored securely; and
- The return to work form should be compliant with all applicable laws and regulations.
When creating a return to work form template, you’ll want to make sure that you include all of the necessary information. This includes:
- The employee’s name, contact information, and date of birth;
- The dates of the employee’s absence;
- The reason for the employee’s absence;
- The return to work date; and
- Any necessary workplace adjustments.
Once you have all of the necessary information, you’ll want to make sure that you store the return to work form template securely. This means that you should keep it in a safe and secure place where only authorized personnel can access it.
Help Workers Get Back On Track with DATAMYTE’s Digital Clipboard
Prolonged workplace absences can drain a company’s resources and negatively impact productivity. DATAMYTE’s digital clipboard can create the perfect return-to-work form template for your return-to-work program.
Paper-based return to work forms are often lost or misplaced, but with a digital form created using the DataMyte Digital Clipboard, all return to work form data is stored securely in the cloud. That way, you can be sure that the data is always accessible when needed.
Plus, with the DataMyte Digital Clipboard, you can easily customize return-to-work form templates to fit your specific return-to-work needs. In addition, our smart form builder features an intuitive drag-and-drop feature that lets you quickly and easily add or remove form fields.
With DATAMYTE, you can help your employees get back on track most efficiently and safely. Schedule a demo today!
With a return to work form template, you can help your employees return to work safely and efficiently. In addition, by including all of the necessary information and storing the form securely, you can help your employees return to work with peace of mind. So, make sure you include this template in your return-to-work program!