Workplace safety is one of the most crucial yet often overlooked parts of a business. However, it’s essential for everyone in the workplace to follow safety guidelines to avoid accidents and injuries. To help raise awareness about workplace safety, we’ve collected some of the best safety quotes from well-known safety experts and public figures.
These quotes emphasize the importance of safety in the workplace and urge people to stay safe and secure. We hope these quotes will encourage employers and employees alike to take safety seriously in the workplace and prevent unnecessary accidents or injuries.
Top 20 Safety Quotes of All Time
Sometimes, all it takes is a few words of wisdom to get us thinking about safety in a different light. Here are 20 safety quotes that are sure to make you think twice about safety in the workplace.
- “The safety of workers is paramount. We have to do everything we can to protect them.” – David Cameron
- “The greatest responsibility of a leader is to give the people in your span of care grounded sense of hope for the future.” – Bob Chapman
- “If you don’t know, ask. Working with people is far better than working against them— always bring together all the people and information available to you!” – Aidan O’Shannessy
- “Safety has to be everyone’s responsibility… everyone needs to know that they are empowered to speak up if there’s an issue.” – Captain Scott Kelly
- “Paper doesn’t save people, people save people” – Dan Petersen
- “No Safety, Know Pain. Know Safety, No Pain.” – Anonymous
- “Safety doesn’t happen by accident.” – Anonymous
- “Safety is not a gadget but a state of mind.” – Eleanor Everet
- “It takes good leadership to improve safety.” – Jackie Stewart
- Safety brings first aid to the uninjured.” – F.S. Hughes
- “An incident is just the tip of the iceberg, a sign of a much larger problem below the surface.” – Don Brown
- “Work injuries and illnesses can affect every aspect of life for workers and their families.” – Maine Department of Labor
- “One earnest worker can do more by personal suggestion to prevent accidents than a carload of safety signs.” – Making Paper
- “Danger gathers upon our path. We cannot afford—we have no right—to look back. We must look forward.” – Winston Churchill
- “What matters in a workplace, what helps an employer if you’ve got an unionized workforce is if your shop stewards know the rules of the game, if your safety reps are taught to to examine situations to make sure the workplace is more safe. Better informed delegates, better workplace safety saves companies money. Unions are very good at safety. We are good at teaching delegates how to resolve disputes.” – Bill Shorten
- “Prepare and prevent, don’t repair and repent.” – Anonymous
- “You are your last line of defense in safety. It boils down to you.” – Kina Repp
- “Safety is not an intellectual exercise to keep us in work. It is a matter of life and death. It is the sum of our contributions to safety management that determines whether the people we work with live or die.” – Sir Brian Appleton
- “Error is pervasive. The unexpected is pervasive… What is not pervasive are well-developed skills to detect and contain these errors at their early stages.” – Karl E. Weick
- “If the owner or manager does not show an interest in preventing employee injury and illness, then the employees will probably not give it much thought either.” – Rhode Island Small Business Recovery Program
What Businesses Can Learn From These Safety Quotes
There are many important takeaways from these safety quotes, but here are a few key points that businesses should keep in mind:
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility, from the employer to the employee.
- Paperwork and safety rules are not enough to keep people safe—it takes good leadership and a safety-first mindset to truly improve safety in the workplace.
- An injury or accident is often the tip of the iceberg, indicating a much larger problem below the surface.
- Workplace safety is not an intellectual exercise—it’s a matter of life and death.
- Businesses should make an effort to detect and contain errors early before they lead to accidents or injuries.
By keeping these points in mind, businesses can create a safety-first culture that will help protect their employees and their bottom line.
Create a Workplace Safety Workflow with DATAMYTE
Ensure the safety and compliance of your workplace with DATAMYTE’s workflow automation software. Our Digital Clipboard helps businesses create workflows and collect, track, and analyze safety data in real-time. By automating safety data collection, businesses can improve safety compliance and prevent accidents before they happen.
The DataMyte Digital Clipboard lets you create a comprehensive safety workflow that includes:
- Safety checklists
- Safety reports
- Safety audits
- Safety meetings
These tools will help ensure that safety is always top-of-mind for your employees and that your workplace complies with safety regulations.
Book a demo with us today for more information on how DATAMYTE can help improve workplace safety. We’ll be happy to show you how our Digital Clipboard can make safety easier for your business.
It takes a single quote to spark an idea that could change safety in your workplace for the better. We hope these safety quotes have inspired you to prioritize safety in your business. Always stay safety-minded, and consult with a safety expert if you’re ever in doubt.