The global manufacturing industry is always expanding to greater opportunities. That’s why nowadays, streamlining asset management is already a necessity. Calipers, pressure sensors, test indicators, scales, and every other gage that are vital to an organization’s measurement system now require regular calibration to ensure accuracy, longevity, and better performance.
Given the vast number of measurement equipment in the industrial setting, modern-day equipment managers are turning to calibration management software for help with their gage management and maintenance needs. If you’re managing a company that requires gages, you need calibration management software to help maintain your tools. Fortunately, we’ve got the solution for you.
In this article, we’re going to learn about calibration management, its benefits, features, as well as five of the best calibration management software available in the market right now. This list will give you options, as well as the choice to choose which one is the best for you and your needs.
What is Calibration Management Software?
Calibration management software is a computer application that helps streamline and manage the calibration process of tools and equipment. This software provides a database to store all important information regarding your equipment and its corresponding calibration records.
Benefits of Calibration Management Software
Using the right calibration management software offers several benefits to your organization. Some of the benefits include:
- Increased Efficiency: With reliable calibration management software, you can easily track when and where your tools were calibrated and who performed the calibration. This information is critical in ensuring that your tools are always calibrated and accurate.
- Improved Accuracy: Having an up-to-date database of your equipment allows you to identify which tools need to be calibrated and when quickly. This helps reduce the risk of human error and ensures that your tools are always accurate.
- Lower Costs: By streamlining the calibration process, you can save time and resources. This can lead to significant cost savings for your organization in the long run.
- Additional Hardware: depending on the type of business you run, having additional Hardware can significantly increase the convenience and value of your investment. For instance, barcoding will let you scan multiple items instead of searching manually. For that reason, calibration tools of some kind are necessary for any business that uses gages.
Typical Features of Calibration Management Software
To understand what calibration management software to choose, it’s essential to know which features you should be looking for. Here are some of the essential features that you should look for in calibration management software:
- Ease of Use: The software should be easy to use and navigate. It should have a user-friendly interface that is intuitive and easy to understand.
- Data Management: The software should store all important information regarding your equipment and its corresponding calibration records.
- Reporting: The software should be able to generate accurate and up-to-date reports. These reports should be easy to understand and interpret.
- Tracking: The software should be able to track when and where your tools were calibrated and who performed the calibration.
- Compatibility: The software should be compatible with different types of operating systems and devices.
- Calibration scheduling: This feature allows users to create recurring calibration tasks on a calendar, which is often color-coded to indicate the task’s urgency.
- Compliance management: this feature is responsible for collecting and storing the history of your calibration and maintenance tasks in a secure location so that you can prove compliance with regulatory standards.
- Tool management: this feature enables users to track their tools’ location, status, and usage. This is through tagging or barcoding each tool.
- User management: This feature allows users to create different user groups with varying levels of access and permissions. This helps ensure that only authorized personnel have access to sensitive information.
- Notifications: the system will send up-to-date notifications to users when specific tasks need to be completed or when new information is available.
Benefits of the features
When choosing a calibration management software, it’s essential to keep these features in mind. By selecting software that has most or all of these features, you can ensure that your organization will enjoy the many benefits of using calibration management software.
The Top Five Calibration Management Software in the Market
Now that you know what to look for, here are five of the best calibration management software in the market right now:
GageList is one of the simplest yet most powerful gage management solutions in the market. Its design is to be user-friendly and easy to navigate, with a clean and modern interface. The software is also compatible with different types of operating systems and devices.
GagePack is a comprehensive calibration management software that offers various features and tools. Its design is for businesses of all sizes and is compatible with different types of devices.
When it comes to managing instrument calibrations and system qualifications, ProCalV& is the gold standard. Its design is for businesses that must comply with ISO 9000, ASQ/ANSI/ISO 10012, and other quality standards. Whether for a single department or the entire organization, ProCalV5 lets you automate, systemize, and improve your oversight and workflow practices. ProCalV5 will also make the transition seamless and hassle-free if you’ve been doing traditional calibration using Excel.
With Metquay, you are always a step ahead in your calibration management. As one of the leading calibration, asset management, and testing systems, Metquay has built-in features that allow users to create and manage effective worksheets and calibration procedures. Metquay also offers automated certification generation, version numbering, and tracking to promote quality while minimizing risks and errors.
As an industry expert in the connected factory, DataMyte has an intuitive product for effective and efficient calibration management. The DataMyte EnGagePlus is an all-in-one gage and tool management software solution. With it, you can maintain and record gage information digitally. That includes calibration records and gage history. Other intuitive functionalities that EnGagePlus offers include menus, colorful graphics, and a floating toolbar for instant access to all the relevant features you need for the perfect calibration management software.
Having the right software can make all the difference when it comes to calibration management. So, by choosing software with the aforementioned features, you can ensure that your organization will enjoy the many benefits of using calibration management software. So, what are you waiting for? Choose one of these five best calibration management software and start today!